The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) take effect from 25 May 2018 and this page represents our interpretation and implementation of the regulations.
This privacy statement tells you what to expect when we process your personal information that you provided us with from your application form.
Norwich Astronomical Society will only hold personal data about you as a member, sufficient to the running of the Society and our activities. This will include your name, postal address, email address any telephone numbers and social media details that you provided to us, either on your membership form or subsequently.
You have the right to request to see what information we hold and to have it updated or removed at any time. To do so, please email the secretary.
Storage of your data
- We will store your data safely using a password-protected laptop, with a password protected database. The laptop will be stored in a secure environment when not in use. The passwords will be known to the Membership Secretary, the Chairman and Secretary. Please note that Twitter account names, YouTube and Vimeo account names will not be stored securely!
- If you cease to be a member then we shall remove you from our database promptly; it is important that your membership payments are made promptly as if they are not, then your risk having your data and access to the forum deleted.
Sharing of your data
- We do not share your data with third parties, or with other members without your permission.
- It is envisaged that in an emergency, we would share your data as required with the emergency services.
- We do have a Facebook tracking pixel installed on this website and could use it to serve Facebook adverts.
Photography and Videography at events
- It is likely that we will take photographs at Public and Member events, for the purpose of promoting the society and it’s aims, both in the local and national press and on social media sites, such as Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo. Where we use photos or video we will not use your name without your permission.
- If you do not wish yourself to be included in any photography or videography, please let our secretary know at the usual email address. Your permission, or that of a responsible parent / guardian will be obtained if photography / videography is planned when children are present.